Tuesday, May 25, 2010

SOMETHING MISSING!!!

There are seldom crystal clear beginnings in our lives, those days and moments we can go back to find when everything started. And also there are those moments when fate crashes with our lives setting in tandem a sequence of events whose outcome we could have never foreknown.

It’s already past midnight and I am wide awake. Earlier after creeping into bed I tossed and turned for quite long before I finally gave up. So, now I am sitting with a pen in hand wondering about my own intersection with fate. Lately, it seems that is all I can think about.

Apart from the usual steady ticking of the clock that sits beside the bed, there is pindrop silence. And as I stare at the blank sheet of paper, I realize that I don’t know where to start. It’s not because I am ambivalent of my story but I am not sure why I feel compelled to share it. What can one achieve by digging into the past? Afterall the events have unfolded since the past twelve years.

My memories for this period is aided by a diary that I have treasured since I was a boy and the wonderful moments etched in my memory, though a handful.

Who am I? And how I wonder will this story end?
The first rays of the sun seems to be making its way through the window but my innerself still seems to be foggy with the breath of my life gone by. I am actually a sight this morning, my legs tightly wrapped with something in white to repair the fractures and many more bandages here and there, unkept hair with traces kissing my eyelids at times. The tunes of “Show me the feeling of being lonely…” has been humming a hundred times in my ears in the last few hours.

Let’s now come back to my life. What a life it has been. It isn’t easy to explain. It has not been a rip-roaring salient journey as I fancied it to be, but neither did I give up except maybe, at this instance.

I am an ordinary boy with ordinary thoughts leading an ordinary life. I have no complaints about the path I have chosen and the way it has taken me places but unfortunately, time does not make it easy to stay on course. Though the path is still the same but now it is strewn with rocks. Few years back, maybe it would have been possible to tread a different path but it’s impossible now. There is sickness rolling through my body; I am neither strong nor healthy and suddenly my days have turned into an old party balloon, growing softer over time.

With the onset of the day, the nurses see me and we exchange a smile. Now they are my friends and I talk mostly to them these days. They too observe me daily and whisper amongst themselves about me . Maybe they want to give me the mental healer.

I realize the odds are against me and this, I have learned in my lifetime. And just as I do everyday, I write my diary and read it aloud in my heart so that she can hear it, in the hope that the miracle that has dominated my life will once again prevail.

And maybe, just maybe it will…

Dated:5th May 2010
Posted late for being handicapped.

29 comments:

  1. A very... great.. thought.. !! put it in so simple n beautiful words.. !! Hats Off Really.. !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. u know what.. the lines may sound simple but boy do they carry a hell a lotta deep meaning in them.. i read it twice.. and gave me 2 diff perspectives.. its absolutely wonderful man!! cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Post bro.... really loved the line - "There is sickness rolling through my body; I am neither strong nor healthy and suddenly my days have turned into an old party balloon, growing softer over time.".... but i realized tat the party got ovr too soon... it could have been a bit more elaborative..... All in all gr88 wrk.... keep it up..

    PS: Waitin for the remaining part of "ACCIDENTLY IN LOVE".......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Man!!! made me think a lot... woke me up from inside to think n think n think...
    i cud visualize almost every bit of it!!
    impressed by ur writing skills bro!!
    i`ll hire u for songwriting in my band once we`r established :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitro i don knw how to react, rather u cn say im in a state of shock.from whr do u get such simple yet beautiful thoughts, hays off to u yaar :)keep posting ya blogs, wud love to read all of them

    ReplyDelete
  6. simple and yet soooo intriguing... this work truly shows your growth as an author.
    great work buddy.... :)

    p.s.- waiting for "accidentally in love" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impressive. Man u have an artistic touch and u r in a wrong field. Jump fast to conquer. Good piece :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. mitro once again great writing skills.. im really impressed by flow and intensity of how u expressed once inner self.. wen one is lonely n don't no what to do.. battling inside with oneself.. just one advice pls write frequently..:) enjoy writing

    ReplyDelete
  9. A rare talent!!! keep up the gud work....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing work i must say.....u put across ur thoughts sooo perfectly mitro...would love to read more..keep writing..

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so much me!! i have no words to express my appreciation for this masterpiece!! i just love it...read it like thrice still could not extricate the real meaning!!

    Happy Writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. its absolutely awesome...as usual your vocab and the way u string ur thoughts so beautifully into a sentence..its just great..and of course..for impatient people like me..u make it a challenge to keep waiting patiently for the next part..m sure drz something much greater waiting in the next issue..coz u have already raised the bar with ur awesome writing skills and amazing love story (Accidentally in Love)..great work...keep it up... :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice..Loved d line- What we get from digging into the past! Almost everyone can relate to this line..
    For the rest of the post..u have already got enough feedback..
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How the hell do you touch the bottom of the heart with your words??? This was something that jolted me from inside. I just lamely came across your blog and got attracted with the layout but once I read it, the words had much more to say...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi... I heard about your blog from one of my friend. She forcefully insisted me to read it and once I agreed to her, I tell u...it was truly worth it!!! But a heartiest request to you dude... Please give this a professional go... you better think seriously on this...Thank you for the touchy n tender writing...God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. well written! u wrote from ur soul!
    it was a nice read...keep them coming mate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. its an awesome experience to read your blog.. well wrote, well thought, well compiled.. MITZ...u rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey man!!! It was just mindblowing.The words were seething into me and gave goosebumps at times. The concluding part almost brought tears to my eyes and I bet anyone who reads it in silence would have felt the same.You touch people's emotions man!!!
    PLEASE POST MORE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. the above reviews says it all. kudos 2 ur blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I second Ankit and Shravs. Are you doing justice to yourself by posting open blogs? There is a different world waiting outside for you. GO n GRAB it JEET...ol d best

    ReplyDelete
  21. way 2 go man...ur thoughts rock!! ur writing rox!! ur xpressions rock!! n U rock always!!
    m lovin it..hungry for more!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. First let me apologize for being late to read your blog coz I had always been after you to post more but dude... it was more than worth the wait. it was a cute piece. short yet very touchy.
    My days change after reading your blogs. They somehow leave a impact for the next few days and am again in the same phase now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A captivating way to express the emotions. U have it god-gifted. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Someone cannot express with so intense passion and touch your inner self if he does not go through such a phase. Each and every word here speaks alot, about someone. But whosoever she is would be the luckiest soul in this universe. U can understand one's emotions very well. U r a rockstar!

    ReplyDelete
  25. dude..ur blog s already flooded wid reviews but still I would be very true with my comment. I actually got lost in the story altogether and also ended up shedding some tears.it ws so touching. bt wt ws d note at the end al about??

    ReplyDelete
  26. oye hoye...sunday ka dopahar suhana kar diya...kya likha janaab!!! mashallah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. simply awesome...way to go dude!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I dont knw if I should even give a feedback. How I missed this one? well, I have a hangover of tis one Mitro....Soulful!!Hats off MITZ.....

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am really touched.. amazingly woven thoughts

    ReplyDelete